St Gerard Buffalo NY
This is a medium-high resolution PhotoSurvey example of the facade of the St Gerard’s church located in Buffalo, NY. This survey was taken from ground level and is only medium resolution. High Resolution surveys as well as side-by-side time series showing on going deterioration or before and after restoration or repair are possible.
This type of survey is useful for meeting the requirements of facade inspection ordinances, documenting sounding and other inspections on image, as well as locating existing conditions.
About St Gerard Church
The current building was erected in 1911 and designed by the architects Schmill & Gould. On 24 September, 1911, the members placed the cornerstone of the current building, dedicating it two years later. At this time, a temporary roof was in place at the base of the clerestory as resources would only permit them to build that far. With a new, somewhat imposing building to worship in, a period of significant growth began for the parish. In late 1930, the congregation desired to complete their church. Workers raised the clerestory of the nave to its present height of 60 feet and added the 110 foot, three stage bell tower. At this time, the Rambusch Decorating Company of New York City directed the redecoration of the interior of church.